At Hamwells, we take your privacy seriously.
Purpose of the document
This document explains what kind of information Hamwells Europe B.V. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Hamwells”) collects and stores, including personal information (i.e., data that can be reasonably linked to a specific individual or household) in connection with the operation of the Hamwells e-Shower and other Products and Services from Hamwells (collectively, “Hamwells Products”). Hamwells Products include our mobile and web applications.
We pledge to:
- Be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- Ask your permission before sharing your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for purposes other than to provide Hamwells’s services, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
- Use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the Hamwells Products from unauthorized access.
By using this service, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described below.
What information does the Hamwells e-Shower collect?
The Hamwells e-Shower collects:
- Information input during setup
- Shower session information
- Technical information from the device and the components
Information input during setup: When you install the Hamwells e-Shower, you’ll be asked several questions in order to help us create an initial savings profile that will guide you towards greater savings. For example, we’ll ask questions like whether your e-Shower is located in a home or a business. We’ll also ask for your postal or ZIP code so that Hamwells can for example retrieve utility prices for your area. In addition, the Hamwells e-Shower can pull information directly from your heating system to learn its capabilities`- such as its threshold capacity for delivering warm water. Answering these questions helps us to set up an initial program that will maximize your savings.
Shower session information: The device records shower times and the like. For example, if you use the circulation mode often, it will adjust your session estimated costs in your Energy Report.
Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the Hamwells e-Shower, we record your Hamwells e-Shower model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as UV lamp burning hours.
What information is shared among multiple connected Hamwells Products?
If you have multiple Hamwells products interfacing with one another, the products will share certain information with each other. This sharing may occur locally among devices, be available on your mobile device or application, or on Hamwells's servers. For example, if your Hotel has multiple showers installed, it can coordinate the hot water usage of the different devices.
If I use Works with Hamwells Product to connect third-party products and services to Hamwells, will information be shared?
Any data that Hamwells receives from your connected devices or services will be stored by Hamwells and will be subject to this policy. This information may be processed in the same ways as any other data that is a part of your Hamwells account or the Hamwells logs.
What additional information does Hamwells collect and store when a user connects a Hamwells Product to the Internet or creates an account?
To access your Hamwells Product over the Internet from a computer, a smartphone or a tablet, you will need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. During setup, the Hamwells Product will ask for your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It will save this information on the device, along with your IP address, so that you can access it and control it from your computer, smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with Hamwells servers and download software updates.
Once connected to your Wi-Fi network, your Hamwells Product regularly sends the data described above in this privacy statement (excluding your Wi-Fi password) to Hamwells to provide you with the service.
Additionally, when you create a Hamwells Account, we collect and store your email address. From that point forward, your email address is used for communications from Hamwells. The Hamwells e-Shower may allow you to invite other people such as friends or family to share access to your content. We will ask you for that person's email address and automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. Hamwells stores this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services.
Like most Internet sites, we routinely record log entries (including information such as your IP address) and technical information (such as your browser type and version) when your browser, mobile device or Hamwells Product contacts our servers. These log files are used for troubleshooting, and are stored on our cloud servers.
How does Hamwells use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve Hamwells Products and services, including information and recommendations about your products or energy use. We may use your contact details to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your Hamwells use. We may use service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your information for any other purpose.
We use industry-standard methods to keep this information safe and secure while it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to our cloud servers. Depending on your location and type of data. Hamwells may process your personal information on servers that are not in your home country.
In what circumstances does Hamwells share my information?
Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of Hamwells Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
· With your consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you sign up through our website for some of the savings programs offered by our energy partners. If you do this, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include things like your enrollment information and the activation status of your device. Similarly, when you connect third-party devices and services to your Hamwells Products through the Works with Hamwells program, you are shown information about any proposed exchange of data. Your explicit consent is required to allow this exchange on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time.
· For external processing: We have service technicians who help to answer your questions and who also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
· These technicians (as well as Hamwells employees) can access certain information about you or your account in line with this work but these technicians are not allowed to use this data for non-Hamwells purposes. For example, we have strict policies and technical barriers in place to prevent unauthorized employee access to data.
· Business Transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
· For legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with state and federal laws (or the applicable laws of foreign countries other than the United States).
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish general trends about energy and water use in the home. This information may also be shared with other users to help them better understand their energy usage compared to others in the Hamwells community, raise awareness about safety issues, or help us generally improve our system. We may also share this information with energy companies, for example, if they are interested in providing demand-response services. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by Hamwells or its service providers in the Netherlands and other countries where our servers reside.
As a result, your personal information may be subject to legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities, in those jurisdictions.
If you select an outside party for the purchase, installation, or service of your Hamwells device and share your personal information, we cannot control the collection, storage or sharing of information collected by that party. For example, if you bought your e-Shower from a retailer, they may collect personal information as part of the transaction. Or the party that installed the device may retain information that you provided to them to assist them in servicing the device if needed. Always check the privacy policies for any company that collects your personal information.
How long does Hamwells save my personal information and how can I delete it?
Hamwells stores your personal information on Hamwells’s cloud servers for as long as you remain a Hamwells customer in order to provide you with the services.
As described above, some information is processed and stored directly on the Hamwells device. All information is encrypted as it is transmitted to Hamwells and cannot easily be accessed.
You can delete the information on the Hamwells device by resetting it to the defaults (using Reset in the Settings menu).
You can access, amend or delete your personal information from Hamwells’s servers through the controls in your account. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after your information is deleted, backup copies may linger for some time before they are deleted, and we may retain certain data for a longer period of time if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Please note that this privacy statement may change from time to time. We will provide notice of any changes on the website or by contacting you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Last Updated: June 7th, 2015